The key to having a healthy mouth and great teeth is consistency. The more consistent one is with regular dental visits, coming in at least twice a year for cleaning and examinations, the less likely one is to have oral health problems. Unfortunately, another fact about general dentistry is that most people put off visiting…
Dental Facts to Make You SmileMark Twain once wrote, “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been!” So today, we’re sharing dental facts that will give you a reason to smile!
- A blue whale’s tongue is about the size and weight of a fully grown African elephant!
- In general, kids will spend 8 minutes decorating their little brothers or sisters. They only need to brush for two minutes two times a day to help keep their teeth healthy.
- Straight, healthy teeth can increase your self-esteem, reduce the risk of future jaw bone loss and will have fewer issues with gum disease (they’re easier to brush and floss!).
- A Narwhal’s ‘horns’ are actually teeth that are capable of sensing temperature, salinity, particle density and touch.
- The hardest substance in the human body is enamel on teeth (but you still have to brush gently to keep it from wearing away).
- Kids don’t have the dexterity to fully brush their own teeth until they can tie their own shoes.
- The Hindus of India were the first people to use toothbrushes in 4000 B.C.E. They use the end of a fresh twig that was frayed into fibers. The Babylonians in 3500 B.C.E. called their toothbrushes “chewing sticks” and hog bristles were used as bristles in China in 1600 B.C.E. The first English toothbrush in 1780 had a handle made from cattle bone and the bristles were made from the hair of pigs.
- Tooth pain was once thought to be caused by a tooth worm that had wormed its way into the tooth. This belief was held by many cultures around the world
- Why is it important to smile? A true, genuine smile can lower your heart rate, put you in a better mood, boost productivity, boost your immune system and can even reduce pain!
A general dentist can help decrease the risk of dental infection, helping you have a better weekend.We offer general dentist services including professional examinations and cleanings. While oral hygiene at home can help, we can identify and eliminate any early traces of decay before they spread.General DentistAt Roderick A. Garcia, DMD PC in Albuquerque, we…
As a local general dentist in Albuquerque, we are asked many questions about oral health. We welcome these conversations because it gives us the opportunity to provide you with information about how to keep your teeth and gums healthy. During these appointments, we are also asked questions that arise from oral health myths. The problem…
We are regularly asked what it means to be a general dentist and family dentist and whether there is a difference between the two. When it comes to visiting the dentist, know that initially all dentists receive the same type of general education in order to receive their license. After this point is when the…