We will identify and remove any signs of plaque or infection from your teeth at our dental office.Our dental office provides the treatment patients need, while in a comfortable atmosphere. We ensure our patients leave with healthy teeth and the knowledge to maintain the healthy teeth. Schedule an appointment today.Dental OfficeAt Roderick A. Garcia, DMD…
Get to Know Dr. GarciaSince 1983, Dr. Garcia and his professional staff have been providing high quality, friendly family and cosmetic dentistry to patients in Albuquerque and the surrounding areas. But there’s a lot more to Dr. Garcia behind the dental mask!
His EducationDr. Garcia was born in New Mexico and attended the University of New Mexico, where he was on the Dean’s Honor Roll. There, he majored in biology and minored in chemistry before moving on to Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston (one of the top 5 dental schools in the country!).At Tufts, Dr. Garcia received a National Health Service Corp scholarship while treating children at a public health clinic for 4 years. He graduated from Tufts in 1983, 18th out of 163 students. He continued his education in orthodontics from the United States Dental Institute from 1985 to 1987.
- University of New Mexico 1973-1974, 1976-1980 biology/chemistry/university studies
- Undergraduate transferred to UNM College of Pharmacy my senior year.
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine-Doctorate of Dental Medicine degree 1980-1983
- North East Regional Dental Boards completed 1983
- Massachusetts Dental Board Licensure1983
- New Mexico Dental Board Licensure 1983
- National Service Corp. scholarship 1980-1983
- US Dept. of Health & Human Services/Public Health Service Corp. Los Padillas N.M. dental clinic 1983-1987
- General Dental Practice 1987-current
- United States Dental Institute for Orthodontic/Orthopedic training 2-year program 266 hours completed 2-15-1987
- Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Education 1-17-2005 to 4-14-2005 course completion
- Long term member of ADA, NMDA, AGD, AACD, IAO, Albuquerque District Dental Society & past long term member of AAFO
- Branemark Implant training 1988
- Dental Boot Camp training Walter Haley/Steve Anderson 2001
- Spear Advanced Dental Education 34-68 hours yearly since 2005
- Dental Continuing Education in various disciplines of dentistry 60-100 hours yearly
- Charity Dental treatment for the homeless of Joy Junction of Albuquerque
His LifeDr. Garcia is married with 3 children and 2 grandchildren. He has a diverse range of interests outside of dentistry, including sports, such as skiing and fishing, as well as cars, music and art.Dr. Garcia also believes very strongly in helping others, which is why he donates dental treatment to the homeless at Joy Junction of Albuquerque. He wants to give a hand up to those who are trying to make a better life for themselves.
His Memberships and LicensesAs part of his dedication to providing the highest quality dental care, Dr. Garcia takes part in many continuing education courses all over the country throughout the year.He is also a member of the:
- American Dental Association
- International Association of Orthodontics
- Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Academy of General Dentistry
- New Mexico Dental Association
- Albuquerque District Dental Society
His Commitment to PatientsDr. Garcia has an ongoing commitment to patients and their dental health. He believes that it is important to first see the patient as an individual with dental goals before treating their dental health and overall health. It’s a philosophy he’s instilled in everyone who works at his dental office.At our office, we are committed to excellence and providing quality, gentle dentistry to all of our patients! Contact us today for an appointment with Dr. Garcia and his exceptional and gentle staff.
By some parent's standards, children grow up being told that brushing their teeth and flossing are all they need to be healthy. Unbeknownst to the children, the bristles of a toothbrush are too large to reach between teeth or the in the grooves on top of teeth. Unfortunately, children will be unable to reach these…
The more you know about dental care, the better chance you have for a healthy set of teeth. Visit our dental office for moreOur dental office provides the treatment patients need, while in a comfortable atmosphere. We ensure our patients leave with healthy teeth and the knowledge to maintain the healthy teeth. Schedule an appointment…
The services we offer will help keep your teeth healthy and shining bright, as long as you clean your teeth.Our dental practice strives toward a core focus of treating our patient's teeth in an efficient and comforting manner. We will ensure that all dental issues and concerns are dealt with as soon as possible.Dental PracticeAt…