Root canal treatment is not painful like the myths make people believe. Call us for details on the procedure.Root canal treatment removes the infected dental pulp within the tooth and leaves the natural tooth otherwise intact. We offer root canal treatment that is not nearly as painful as some believe it to be.Root Canal TreatmentAt…
Signs You May Need a Root CanalDoes your mouth hurt? Are you experiencing discomfort or swelling indicating a possible tooth issue? Below are some symptoms that can help your dentist diagnose your dental issue and determine the best option for treatment.
PAIN SYMPTOMSYou may be experiencing varying levels of pain and discomfort that can indicate the need for a root canal, such as:
- Level of discomfort that may vary from slight to extreme, sometimes accompanied by a pulsing or throbbing sensation in the gum tissue.
- Pain that may lessen or intensify when you move around and change position, such as standing up and bending over.
- Sensitivity to exposure to hot or cold foods and beverages.
- Tooth pain that lingers for a while, from a few minutes to a few hours, before finally fading and returning at another time.
- Pain or discomfort that prevents you from sleeping well or at all.
- Gum tissue is tender
- Swelling and tenderness at the tip of the problem tooth’s root
- Infected tooth feels slightly taller or elevated compared to other teeth
- Swelling in jaw, face or neck
- Pronounced gum swelling, resembling a pimple or “gumboil”
Did you recently get a root canal or do you have one scheduled and you don’t know how long it will last? Last month we discussed some of the warning symptoms you may need a root canal. Now we are discussing the importance of a crown being placed after the procedure. Dr. Roderick Garcia provides…
Teeth with a dead nerve that have enough healthy bone support, enough tooth left to restore and there are no vertical fractures in the tooth, you will want to save the tooth with a root canal and a crown to restore the tooth. Your option is to extract the tooth and replace it with an…
Root canals do not have to be painful as they were in the past with today's better techniques, better aesthetics, types of antibiotics, and medications utilized. Committed to making a difference https://www.roderickgarciadmd.com/ 505-634-5029